Cigar Box Cake for 40th Birthday

Cigar Box Cake for 40th Birthday
Foodgasms

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Macaroons

When I went to Le Cordon Bleu they taught me many things...What they didn't teach me is how to make macaroons... Yesterday I tried to make them... and wow five batches later I finally got it right. Its one of the hardest cookies I have ever tried making... And for a party that's coming up in November I have to make 270 of them! Lets hope I master this French treat and soon!
On Tuesday we'll be making Brioche, this is not my first time making it, at school they did teach us how... However I haven't made it since 2006, lets hope its like riding a bike!!!
Have you ever had a dish that it was so easy it ended up being complicated? If so which one? What did you do about it? Did you buckle down and tried it over and over again till it was done right? Or did you take one deep breath and say, I'm not in the mood to do this all over again?
Thank for reading!
-Ioanna and Raven
Pique Season Cuisine
www.wix.com/piqueseasoncuisine/catering
www.youtube.com/user/piqueseasoncuisine
piqueseasoncuisine@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment