Cigar Box Cake for 40th Birthday

Cigar Box Cake for 40th Birthday
Foodgasms

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Joy To The Vegans Out There!!

Raven has convinced me that we should do all our test/taste kitchening to all vegan dishes for the entire month of December. SO to all the vegans out there we will be coming up with lots of fun vegan dishes savory and dessert. I I have perfected the Vegan White Bread and am now happy enough with it to share the Recipe with you all!! I hope you enjoy it as much as Raven, my family and I have! Here is goes!

Vegan White Bread
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/ 45 degrees C)
2/3 cup sugar or 1/2 cup coconut crystals
1 1/2 tablespoons or 1 package yeast
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable shortening
6 cups bread flour

  1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
  2. Mix oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time.
  3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
  4.  Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a thick blanket or towel. Allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
  5. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans.
  6. Cover blanket or towel again and allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.               
In this picture I was asked if I could make the bread look like Brioche, so I simply took my two balls of dough and made 16 equal small sized balls of dough. You will get two bread loafs from this recipe, I have more because I had to make a lot of bread yesterday. I hope you enjoy this bread!
Thanks for Reading!

-Ioanna and Raven
Pique Season Cuisine
www.wix.com/piqueseasoncuisine/catering
www.youtube.com/user/piqueseasoncuisine
www.twitter.com/#!/PiqueSeasonC
piqueseasoncuisine@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment