Cigar Box Cake for 40th Birthday

Cigar Box Cake for 40th Birthday
Foodgasms

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weird...

On a personal note... Did anyone else have basically no Trick-Or-Treaters come into your neighborhood? I only had one batch of teenagers and that was it.. Raven had no Trick-Or-Treaters in his neighborhood either, my Mother on the other hand had plenty... So my questions is "Where have all the children gone?" Did anyone else have that same issue? I know I'm stuck with three very large platters of candy... That I'm not sure what to do with... Ideas?

Business now- Macaroons turned out ok, but not to what we wanted... We here at Pique Season believe that we should always give our customers the best, so we went to Opera cafe in Mira Mesa, CA to buy them out of our own expense, we knew that they have one of the best in town, and they happily made us the 270 we needed basically overnight. We thank you Elena for doing that for us!! We owe you!
My fantastic mother has bought me three new macaroon cook books, I am reading each one of them carefully, each book has a different way of making these cookies, however the one thing they all share in common, besides the recipes is that they all explain that the humidity in a room and the moister levels can throw off this cookie easily... knowing this now, we know that we must have more control of humidity and moister when making these cookies. We plan on trying again after we finish with the upcoming party.
We are going to have a busy, but fun 4 days in Palm Springs!! I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and post them up on Facebook! I already uploaded the Brioche and Party Favor Boxes filled with our cookies!! So Excited for everyone to taste them!!
We hope you had a fantastic Halloween! And we can't wait to see what Thanksgiving brings us all!!
Thanks for Reading!!

-Ioanna and Raven
Pique Season Cuisine
www.wix.com/piqueseasoncuisine/catering
www.youtube.com/user/piqueseasoncuisine
www.twitter.com/#!/PiqueSeasonC
piqueseasoncuisine@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment